Friday, September 18, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Baked Cucumber Slices & Yogurt Apple Dip

I apologize it's been a while since my last post! Has anyone else noticed it is BIRTHDAY PARTY SEASON!? I swear I've never been invited to so many birthday parties in my life, therefore my weekends have been a bit more busy than usual. Anyway, I'll try to post more consistently and give you all new recipes each week.

Today I have two yummy, easy, and 21 Day Fix approved snacks to share with you!




I don't know about you guys, but I can make healthy meals all day long... it's the SNACKING I struggle with. Sometimes I'm so impatient, I reach for some chips or crackers instead of taking the time to whip something up. This pretty much sabotages all the hard work I put into eating healthy the rest of the day! So to avoid those poor decisions, I try to keep snack options like these around the house.

Baked Cucumber Slices


The Baked Cucumber Slices are so simple! First, slice a cucumber. I prefer mine sliced thinly.


Next, place on a pan in an even layer. I use tin foil on my pans to make for easy clean up! I can't believe how many years it took me to start doing that lol. I actually threw away a few pans because of some insane baked-on messes that were impossible to clean up.


Grab some sea salt, pepper, and olive oil (or oil of your choice). Lightly drizzle oil over the cucumber slices and evenly sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.


Bake the slices in the oven for 5-10 minutes on 350 degrees. Let cool for a few minutes and - VOILA! You have Baked Cucumber Slices! This makes about 2 servings and each serving counts as ONE green container and ONE teaspoon if you are following the 21 Day Fix eating plan. Sometimes it's hard to get those veggies in and I love getting them in with my SNACKS.


They're kid approved, too!



Yogurt Apple Dip


Next we have an awesome yogurt apple dip. Also simple and easy, it's a great pair with apples if you're not a fan of eating JUST apples by themselves, like me. I love how ideal apples are for snacks, but I can never seem to enjoy an apple by itself. Enter my yogurt apple dip...


This little crock is perfect for dips like this. Use something similar to make yours in and store if you don't finish it all. Start by simply mixing PB2, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon powder, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl or crock. I never really measure the ingredients, I usually just taste it as I mix and add accordingly. This PB2 powder is the bomb dot com, and I recommend using it for other recipes too. I use it especially in my Shakeology as an alternative to your typical greasy fat-filled peanut butter. Also as a side note, Winn Dixie often has extracts BOGO - so stock up!



Slice your apple, dip, and ENJOY! If you are following the 21 Day Fix eating plan, this counts as ONE purple container and ONE red container.



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and as always, comment below and share how you liked the recipe(s). This weekend I'm doing a smoothie detox so I think I will document my recipes and results  and share with you all afterwards! Thanks for checking out my blog!!!


Baked Cucumber Slices

1 cucumber
Oil
Sea salt
Pepper

(1-2 servings)

  • Slice cucumber
  • Line on a pan in an even layer
  • Drizzle cucumbers with oil
  • Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper on top
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes
  • Cool and enjoy!



Yogurt Apple Dip

1 apple
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tbsp PB2 powder

(1 serving)

  • Mix yogurt, extract, cinnamon, and PB2 in a small bowl or crock
  • Slice apple
  • Dip and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy and healthy as well!! I am also going to try this out. Well I have also found a couple of Green drink recipes on other websites and will try those recipes too. Keep sharing such great stuff dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete